Beaworthy is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon.
Other places in the parish include: Madworthy.
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1758
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1602
- Bible Christian Methodist
- Bratton Clovelly
- Black Torrington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BEAWORTHY, or a Beworthy, a parish in Okehampton district, Devon; 6 miles SW of Hatherleigh, and 9 W of Okehampton r. station. Post Town, North Lew under Exbourne, North Devon. Acres, 3,806. Real property, £1,122. Pop., 298. Houses, 52. The land is hilly and boggy. The manor belongs to the representatives of the late Sir W. Molesworth. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £143. Patron, Edwin Force, Esq. The church is a neat small edifice, with a low square tower. There is a chapel for Bible Christians.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FreeREG - Free
FamilySearch - Free
Devon Newspapers from British Newspaper Archive
Fully searchable historical newspapers for the Devon area available at British Newspaper Archive.
Civil Registration District: Okehampton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Totnes
Rural Deanery: Okehampton
Poor Law Union: Okehampton
Hundred: Black Torrington