Abbots Bickington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon. Bulkworthy is a chapelry of Abbots Bickington.
Parish registers begin: 1717
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Abbots-Bickington, 6 miles N. Holsworthy. P. 75
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Abbots-Bickington, or Bickington-Abbots, a parish in the hund. of Black Torrington, Devonshire; 9 miles south-west of Great Torrington. Living, a perpetual curacy in the archd. of Totness and dio. of Exeter; of the certified value of £14; gross income £96. Patron, in 1835, Lord Rolle. This was anciently a cell to Hartland abbey. Pop., in 1801, 68; in 1831, 77. Houses 13. Acres 1,510. A. P. £424. Poor rates, in 1837, £26. — A kind of blue-stone, used for building, and marble and limestone, are found here.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.