Yeaveley is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1844 from Shirley Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Stydd.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1841
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1841
Nonconformists include: Calvinist, Independent/Congregational, and Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
YEAVELEY, a township and a chapelry in Shirley parish, Derby. The township lies 4 miles S by E of Ashborne r. station. Acres, 1,015. Real property, £1,773. Pop., 263. Houses, 57. Much of the property belongs to J. Harrison, Esq. The chapelry includes Stydd township, and comprises 1,328 acres. Post town, Ashborne. Pop., 295. Houses, 62. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £90. Patron, the Vicar of Shirley. The church was built in 1840. There are an Independent chapel, a national school, and some charities.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Ashbourne
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Cubley
Poor Law Union: Ashbourne