Willington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1698
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Newton Solney
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WILLINGTON, a parish, with a village, in the district of Burton-upon-Trent and county of Derby; on the river Trent, the Grand Trunk canal, and the Midland railway, 4½ miles NE of Burton-upon-Trent. It has a post-office under Burton-upon-Trent, and a r. station. Acres, 1,270. Real property, £2,677. Pop., 477. Houses, 115. The manor belongs to Sir R. Burdett, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £150. Patron, the Corporation of Etwall Hospital and Repton School. The church is old. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, and charities £13.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Willington Derbyshire Marriages 1698-1812 - UK Genealogy Archives
Civil Registration District: Burton upon Trent
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Hartshorn
Poor Law Union: Burton upon Trent
Hundred: Morleston and Litchurch