Weston on Trent is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Alternative names: Weston upon Trent
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1565
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1661
Nonconformists include: General Baptist, Independent/Congregational, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Aston on Trent
- Castle Donington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WESTON-UPON-TRENT, a parish in Shardlow district, Derbyshire; on the river Trent and the Grand Trunk canal, 4 miles S of Borrowash r. station, and 6½ SE of Derby. Post town, Derby. Acres, 1,820. Real property, £4,596. Pop., 321. Houses, 67. The manor belongs to Sir R. Wilmot, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £594. Patron, Sir R. Wilmot, Bart. The church is ancient but good. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Weston on Trent Derbyshire Marriages 1565 to 1812 - Archive.org
Weston on Trent Derbyshire Marriages 1565 to 1812 - UK Genealogy Archives
Civil Registration District: Shardlow
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stanton by Bridge
Poor Law Union: Shardlow
Hundred: Morleston and Litchurch