West Hallam is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1663
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HALLAM (WEST), a parish in Shardlow district, Derbyshire; on the Nutbrook canal, 2 miles W by S of Ilkeston r. station, and 7 NE by E of Derby. It has a post office under Derby. Acres, 1,323. Real property, £4, 278; of which £3,100 are in mines. Pop., 559. Houses, 109. The manor belongs to Lieut. Col. Newdigate. Coal is largely worked. There is a sulphureous spring, of local medicinal note. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £250. Patron, Lieut. Col. Newdigate. The church consists of nave, chancel, and aisles, with porch and embattled tower; and contains an ancient marble monument to the Powtrells. A grammar school, founded in 1664, has an endowed income of £170; and other charities have £39.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Derbyshire parish registers. Marriages
by Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Blagg, Thomas Matthews, ed
West Hallam Derbyshire Marriages 1638 to 1812 – Archive.org
West Hallam Derbyshire Marriages 1638 to 1812 – UK Genealogy Archives
Parish Records – FamilySearch
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
Civil Registration District: Shardlow
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Ockbrook
Poor Law Union: Shardlow
Hundred: Morleston and Litchurch