Walton on Trent is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire. Rosliston is a chapelry of Walton on Trent.
Alternative names: Walton upon Trent
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1586
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1663
Nonconformists include: Baptist
- Church Gresley
- Burton upon Trent Christ Church
- Barton under Needwood
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WALTON-UPON-TRENT, a parish, with a village, in the district of Burton-upon-Trent and county of Derby; on the river Trent, adjacent to Barton and Walton r. station, and 4¼ miles SW by S of Burton. It has a post-office under Burton-upon-Trent. Acres, 2,309. Real property, £5,962. Pop., 430. Houses, 94. The manor belongs to the trustees of the late J. L. Ridgway. W. Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £818. Patron. P H. Fisher, Esq. The church is early English There are an endowed school with £21 a year, and charities £9.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Parish Records – FamilySearch
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
- County: Derbyshire
- Civil Registration District: Burton upon Trent
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Hartshorn
- Poor Law Union: Burton upon Trent
- Hundred: Repton and Gresley
- Province: Canterbury