Twyford and Stenson is a chapelry of Barrow upon Trent Ancient Parish in Derbyshire.
Alternative names: Twyford, Twyford with Stenson
Other places in the parish include: Stenson.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1838 see also Barrow upon Trent
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1848
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Barrow upon Trent
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TWYFORD, a chapelry, with T. and Stenson hamlets, in Barrow-upon-Trent parish, Derbyshire; on the river Trent, 2 miles E by N of Willington r. station, and 5½ SSW of Derby, Post town, Burton-upon-Trent. Acres, 1,800. Real property, £2,008. Pop., 212. Houses, 40. The manor belongs to Sir G. Crewe, Bart. T. Hall is the seat of R. Turner, Esq. The living is annexed to Barrow. The church is old. There are a Wesleyan chapel and an endowed school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Derbyshire parish registers. Marriages
by Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Blagg, Thomas Matthews, ed
Civil Registration District: Burton upon Trent
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stanton by Bridge
Poor Law Union: Burton upon Trent