Swadlincote is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1849 from Church Gresley Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1846
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Church Gresley
- Ashby de la Zouch Holy Trinity
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SWADLINCOTE, a township and a chapelry in Church-Gresley parish, Derby. The township lies on the Burton and Leicester railway, 4 miles SE of Burton-upon-Trent; contains collieries and pottery-works; and has a post-office under Burton-upon-Trent, a r. station, a town hall, a church, a Wesleyan chapel, and a Saturday-evening market. Acres, 550. Pop., 1,076. Houses, 201. The chapelry was constituted in 1849. Pop., 1,553. Houses, 295. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £157. Patron, the Incumbent of Church-Gresley.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Burton upon Trent
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Hartshorn
Poor Law Union: Burton upon Trent
Hundred: Repton and Gresley