Stapenhill is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Other places in the parish include: Caldwell, Cauldwell, and Stanton and Newhall.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1679
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1663
Nonconformists include: General Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Church Gresley
- Burton upon Trent St Mowden
- Burton upon Trent Christ Church
- Burton upon Trent Holy Trinity
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STAPENHILL, a township and a parish in the district of Burton-upon-Trent and county of Derby. The township is partly in Burton parish; lies on the river Trent, 1 mile SE of Burton r. station; and has a post-office under Burton-upon-Trent. Real property, £5,180: of which £50 are in mines. Pop., 1,111. Houses, 247. The parish includes the townships of Cauldwelland Stanton-with-Newhall, and comprises 4,620 acres. Pop. in 1851, 2,267; in 1861, 3,077. Houses, 625. The property is not much divided The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £373. Patron, the Marquis of Anglesey. The church was rebuilt in 1830, and is in the early English style. The p. curacy of Newhall is a separate benefice. There are two Wesleyan chapels and two national schools.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Burton upon Trent
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of Burton on Trent
Rural Deanery: Hartshorn
Poor Law Union: Burton upon Trent
Hundred: Repton and Gresley