Stanton by Dale is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Alternative names: Stanton juxta Dale Abbey
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1604
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Nonconformists include: Methodist New Connexion, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Dale Abbey
- Kirk Hallam
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STANTON-BY-DALE, a parish in Shardlow district, Derby; 1½ mile W of Stanton-Gate r. station, and 7½ W by S of Nottingham. It has a post-office under Nottingham. Acres, 1,412. Real property, £2,013. Pop. in 1851, 689; in 1861, 499. Houses, 115. The decrease of pop. was caused by depression in the iron manufacture. The manor belongs to the Earl of Stanhope. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £326. Patron, Earl Stanhope. The church consists of nave, N aisle, and chancel, with a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel of 1860, a national school, and charities £106.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Derbyshire parish registers. Marriages
by Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Blagg, Thomas Matthews, ed
Stanton by Dale Derbyshire Marriages 1605 to 1812 - Archive.org
Stanton by Dale Derbyshire Marriages 1605 to 1812 - UK Genealogy Archives
Civil Registration District: Shardlow
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Ockbrook
Poor Law Union: Shardlow
Hundred: Morleston and Litchurch