Stanley is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1828 from chapelry in Spondon Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1675
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STANLEY, a township-chapelry in Spondon parish, Derbyshire; 4¾ miles NE of Derby r. station. It has a post-office under Derby. Acres, 1,470. Real property, £2,214; of which £40 are in quarries. Pop. in 1851, 380; in 1861, 534. Houses, 109. The increase of pop. arose from the opening of coal-fields, iron-works, and brick-yards. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £64. Patron, Sir R. Wilmot, Bart. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Derbyshire parish registers. Marriages
by Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Blagg, Thomas Matthews, ed
Stanley Derbyshire Marriages 1754 to 1812 - Archive.org
Stanley Derbyshire Marriages 1754 to 1812 - UK Genealogy Archives
Stanley Derbyshire Marriages 1754 to 1837 - UK Genealogy Archives
Parish Records - FamilySearch
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
Civil Registration District: Shardlow
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Ockbrook
Poor Law Union: Shardlow