Snelston is a chapelry of Norbury Ancient Parish in Derbyshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1575
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1664
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SNELSTON, a parish, with a village, in Ashborne district, Derby; on the river Dove, 2 miles NE of Norbury r. station, and 3¼ SW of Ashborne. It has a post-office under Ashborne. Acres, 1,960. Real property, £3,835; of which £61 are in quarries. Pop., 317. Houses, 70. The manor, with S. Hall, belongs to J. Harrison, Esq. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Norbury. The church is later English. There are a parochial school, and charities £22.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Ashbourne
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Ashbourne
Poor Law Union: Ashbourne