Smalley is a chapelry of Morley Ancient Parish in Derbyshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1624
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Nonconformists include: General Baptist
- Kirk Hallam
- Codnor and Loscoe
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SMALLEY, a township-chapelry, with a village, in Morley parish, Derby; 2½ miles E of Coxbench r. station, and 4 WNW of Ilkeston. It has a post-office under Derby. Acres, 1,578. Real property, £3,059. Pop., 721. Houses, 159. The property is divided among a few. The manor-house is the residence of J. Radford, Esq.; and Kidsley Park belongs to W. D. Lowe, Esq. The living is annexed to Morley. The church was restored and enlarged in 1863. There are a Baptist meeting-house, a national school for girls, a well endowed boys' school, and charities of £40 per annum to poor old colliers.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Derbyshire parish registers. Marriages
by Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Blagg, Thomas Matthews, ed
Smalley Derbyshire Marriages 1624 to 1837 - Archive.org
Smalley Derbyshire Marriages 1624 to 1837 - UK Genealogy Archives
Civil Registration District: Belper
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Duffield
Poor Law Union: Belper
Hundred: Morleston and Litchurch