Rosliston is a chapelry of Walton on Trent Ancient Parish in Derbyshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1756 see also Walton on Trent
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
- Church Gresley
- Walton on Trent
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ROSLISTON, a parish, with a village, in the district of Burton-upon-Trent and county of Derby; 2¾ miles W S W of Gresley r. station, and 4½ S by W of Burton-upon-Trent. It has a post-office under Burton-upon-Trent. Acres, 1,197. Real property, £2,556. Pop., 382. Houses, 85. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to Sir H. M. Desvœux, Bart. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £200. Patron, the Rev. J. Sutton. The church is good, and has a spire. There are a Baptist chapel and a parochial school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Burton upon Trent
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Hartshorn
Poor Law Union: Burton upon Trent
Hundred: Repton and Gresley