Risley is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1719 from chapelry in Wilne chapelry in Sawley Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1719
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1696
- Dale Abbey
- Stanton by Dale
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RISLEY, a chapelry in Wilne parish, Derby; 1½mile W by S of Sandiacre r. station, and 4¼ S of Ilkeston. It has a post-office under Nottingham. Real property, £2,522. Pop., 203. Houses, 45. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the Mortimers; passed to the Sheffields and the Willoughbys; and belongs now to J. L. Ffytche, Esq. R. Hall is the residence of Mrs. Skipworth. A silver vessel, 20 inches by 15, said to have belonged to a church in France in 405, was found near the Hall in 1729. The living is ap. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of Breaston, in the diocese of Lichfield. The church is ancient but good. There is an endowed grammar school for the children of seven neighbouring parishes.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Derbyshire parish registers. Marriages
by Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Blagg, Thomas Matthews, ed
Risley Derbyshire Marriages 1720 to 1812 - Archive.org
Risley Derbyshire Marriages 1720 to 1812 - UK Genealogy Archives
Civil Registration District: Shardlow
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of Sawley
Rural Deanery: Ockbrook
Poor Law Union: Shardlow
Hundred: Morleston and Litchurch