Radbourne is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Alternative names: Radburn
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1571
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1679
- Kirk Langley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RADBOURNE, a parish in the district of Burton-upon-Trent and county of Derby; 4¾ miles W of Derby r. station. It has a post-office under Derby. Acres, 2,034. Real property, £3,447. Pop., 225. Houses, 45. The manor belonged to the Walkelynes; passed to the Chandoses and the Poles; and, with R. Hall, belongs now to E. S. Pole, Esq. The parish is a meet for the Hoar Cross hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £372. Patron, E. S. Pole, Esq. The church was repaired in 1844; consists of nave, N aisle, and chancel, with pinnacled tower; and contains an ancient font, curious oak-carving, and some splendid ancient monuments. Charities, £16.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Burton upon Trent
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Radbourne
Poor Law Union: Burton upon Trent