Quarndon is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1732 from chapelry in Derby St Alkmund Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1755
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1813
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
QUARNDON, a village and a parish in Belper district, Derbyshire. The village stands 2 miles SW of Duffield r. station, and 3 NNW of Derby; and has a post-office under Derby. The parish comprises 960 acres. Real property, £2,571. Pop., 496. Houses, 105. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Dean of Lincoln. Sulphur baths are near the village; and there are several good residences, and some lodging-houses. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £110. Patron, Lord Scarsdale. The church was built in 1790. There are an endowed school with £20 a year, and charities £15.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Derbyshire parish registers. Marriages
by Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Blagg, Thomas Matthews, ed
Quarndon Derbyshire Marriages 1755 to 1812 - Archive.org
Quarndon Derbyshire Marriages 1755 to 1812 - UK Genealogy Archives
Parish Records - FamilySearch
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
Civil Registration District: Belper
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Duffield
Poor Law Union: Belper
Hundred: Morleston and Litchurch