Parwich is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1791 from chapelry in Ashbourne with Mapleton Ecclesiastical Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1640
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Parishes adjacent to Parwich
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PARWICH, a village and a parish in Ashborne district, Derby. The village stands 1¾ mile S W of the Cromford and High Peak railway, and 6 N of Ashborne; and has a post-office under Ashborne. The parish comprises 3,247 acres. Real property, £4,502. Pop., 521. Houses, 108. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to T. W. Evans, Esq. A Roman camp was here, and has yielded many Roman relics, and left some remains. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £130. Patron, T. W. Evans, Esq. The church is ancient but good, and has Norman arches. There are a national school, built in 1862, and charities £91.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Derbyshire parish registers. Marriages
by Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Blagg, Thomas Matthews, ed
Parwich Derbyshire Marriages 1639 to 1837 – Archive.org
Parwich Derbyshire Marriages 1639 to 1837 – UK Genealogy Archives
Parish Records – FamilySearch
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Adams Thomas, Parwich, Derbyshire, cheesemonger, April 26, 1836.
- County: Derbyshire
- Civil Registration District: Ashbourne
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Wirksworth
- Poor Law Union: Ashbourne
- Hundred: Wirksworth
- Province: Canterbury