Normanton is a chapelry of Derby St Peter Ancient Parish in Derbyshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1769 see also Derby St Peter
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1810
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Primitive Methodist.
- Derby St Peter
- Sinfin Moor
- Derby St Werburgh
- Barrow upon Trent
- Osmaston by Derby
- Twyford and Stenson
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
NORMANTON, a parish in Shardlow district, Derbyshire; on the Midland railway, adjacent to Ryknield-street, 2 miles S by W of Derby. It has a postal pillar under Derby. Acres, 1,362. Real property, £3,705. Pop., 437. Houses, 89. Normanton House is the residence of R. Sale, Esq.; Peartree House, of G. W. Fox, Esq.; and Little Overhill, of J. Haywood, Esq. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Derby, St. Peter, in the diocese of Lichfield. The church was rebuilt in 1862; is in the decorated English style; and consists of nave, S aisle, and chancel, with tower and spire. There are chapels for Independents and Primitive Methodists, and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Normanton Derbyshire Marriages 1769-1810 – UK Genealogy Archives
Parish Records – FamilySearch
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
Civil Registration District: Shardlow
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Derby
Poor Law Union: Shardlow
Hundred: Repton and Gresley