Newton Solney is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1663
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
NEWTON-SOLNEY, a village and a parish in the district of Burton-upon-Trent, and county of Derby. The village stands on the river Trent at the boundary with Stafford, 1 mile SE of Egginton r. station, and 2¾ NE by N of Burton-upon-Trent; and has a post-office under Burton-upon-Trent. The parish comprises 1,280 acres. Real property, £3,814: of which £100 are in fisheries. Pop. in 1851, 366; in 1861, 406. Houses, 90. The manor belongs to Sir H. Every, Bart. Newton Park is the seat of W. Worthington, Esq.; and Newton Mount, of J. Drewry, Esq. Bricks are made. The living is a donative in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £20. Patron, Sir H. Every, Bart. The church is ancient, and has a tower and spire.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Burton upon Trent
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Hartshorn
Poor Law Union: Burton upon Trent
Hundred: Repton and Gresley