Marston Montgomery is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1661
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Somersal Herbert
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MARSTON-MONTGOMERY, a village and a parish, in the district of Uttoxeter and county of Derby. Thc village stands 1¾ mile E of the river Dove at the boundary with Stafford, 2½ ESE of Rocester-Junction r. station, and 4¾ NE of Uttoxeter; is a scattered place; and has a post office under Ashborne. The parish comprises 2,471 acres. Real property, £3,950. Pop., 405. Houses, 87. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £140. Patron, the Rev. J. Greene. The church stands on an eminence; and consists of nave and chancel, with a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £6. s.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Uttoxeter
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Cubley
Poor Law Union: Uttoxeter