Mackworth is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Other places in the parish include: Markeaton and Markheaton.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1611
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Darley Abbey
- Kirk Langley
- Derby St Werburgh
- Derby St Alkmund
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MACKWORTH, a township and a parish in Belper district, Derbyshire. The township lies on an affluent of the river Derwent, 3 miles WNW of Derby r. station; contains remains of a fine old gateway, formerly an entrance to Mackworth Castle, belonging to Lord Scarsdale; and has a post office under Derby. Real property, £2,984. Pop., 278. Houses, 53. The parish contains also the township of Markheaton, and comprises 3,400 acres. Real property, £7,819. Pop., 525. Houses, 95. The property is divided among a few. The manors, with Markheaton Hall, belong to W. Mundy, Esq. Thornhill is the seat of Miss E. Trowell. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £155. Patron, W Mundy, Esq. The church is decorated English; consists of nave, aisles, and deep chancel, with fine tower and octagonal spire; was restored in 1851; has a memorial E window to F. N. Mundy, Esq.; and contains a modern font of Caen stone. There are a parochial school, and charities £35.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Derbyshire parish registers. Marriages
by Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Blagg, Thomas Matthews, ed
Mackworth Derbyshire Marriages 1603 to 1812 - Archive.org
Mackworth Derbyshire Marriages 1603 to 1812 - UK Genealogy Archives
Civil Registration District: Belper
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Radbourne
Poor Law Union: Belper
Hundred: Morleston and Litchurch