Lullington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Other places in the parish include: Coton in the Elmes and Coton in the Elms.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1560
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Separate registers exist for Coton in the Elms
- Parish registers: 1846
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LULLINGTON, a village, a township, and a parish, in the district of Burton-upon-Trent and county of Derby. The village stands on the S verge of the county, near the river Mease, 4 miles E of Oakley r. station, and 6½ S by W of Burton-upon-Trent; was known at Domesday as Lullitone; and has a post office under Burton-upon-Trent. The township includes the village and extends into the country. Real property, £3,603. Pop., 272. Houses, 57. The parish contains also the township of Coton-in-the-Elms, and comprises 2,983 acres. Real property, £6,239. Pop., 625. Houses, 143. The property of L. township is divided among a few; and that of Coton is much subdivided. The manor of L. belongs to R. Colvile, Esq.; and that of Coton-in-the-Elms to Lady Wilmot Horton. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £165. Patron, R. Colvile, Esq. The church was restored and extended in 1862, at a cost of about £2,525; has a tower and spire; and contains a font of Devonshire granite, resting on five shafts of Torquay marble. The vicarage of Coton is a separate benefice. Charities, £7.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Burton upon Trent
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Hartshorn
Poor Law Union: Burton upon Trent
Hundred: Repton and Gresley