Littleover is a chapelry of Mickleover Ancient Parish in Derbyshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1680
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Nonconformists include: General Baptist, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Derby St Werburgh
- Twyford and Stenson
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LITTLEOVER, a village and a township-chapelry in Mickleover parish, Derbyshire. The village stands near Ryknield-street, 2 miles SW by W of Derby; is a straggling place; and has a post office under Derby. The chapelry includes the village, and extends into the country. Real property, £4,333. Pop. in 1851, 551; in 1861, 604. Houses, 131. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value and patron, not reported. The church is old; was restored in 1858; consists of nave, S aisle, and chancel, with a belfry; and contains a handsome monument to Sir Richard Harpur.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Shardlow
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Radbourne
Poor Law Union: Shardlow
Hundred: Morleston and Litchurch