Little Eaton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1792 from chapelry in Derby St Alkmund Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1790
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1813
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EATON (Little), a chapelry in St. Alkmund parish, Derbyshire; on the Little Eaton canal, and on the Derby and Ripley railway, 3¾ miles NNE of Derby. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Derby. Acres, 490. Real property, £2,341; of which £80 are in quarries. Pop., 775. Houses, 169. Little Eaton House is the seat of J. Tempest, Esq. Little Eaton Canal joins the Derby canal. There are two paper-mills. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £300. Patron, the Vicar of St. Alkmund. The church was mainly rebuilt in 1869. There are Independent and Wesleyan chapels, and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Shardlow
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Duffield
Poor Law Union: Shardlow
Hundred: Morleston and Litchurch