Kirk Ireton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Other places in the parish include: Blackwall and Ireton Wood.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1572
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1663
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Primitive Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
IRETON (Kirk), a township in Ashborne district, and a parish partly also in Belper district, Derby. The township lies 1½ mile NW of Idridgehay r. station, and 5½ WNW of Belper; and has a post office under Wirksworth. Real property, £3,182. Pop., 515. Houses, 130. The parish contains also the township of Ireton-Wood, and comprises 2,290 acres. Real property, £4,472. Pop., 671. Houses, 163. The manor belongs to Peter Arkwright, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £400. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The Church is partly Norman; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with embattled tower. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel and an endowed school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Kirk Ireton Derbyshire Marriages 1572-1798 - UK Genealogy Archives
Civil Registration District: Ashbourne
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Wirksworth
Poor Law Union: Ashbourne