Kirk Hallam is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Alternative names: Kirk Hallam, Kirkhallam
Other places in the parish include: Mapperley.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1700
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Dale Abbey
- West Hallam
- Stanton by Dale
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HALLAM (KIRK), a township in Shardlow district, and a parish partly also in Belper district, Derbyshire. The township lies adjacent to the Erewash river, canal, and railway, and to the boundary with Notts, 2 miles SW of Ilkeston r. station, and 8 ENE of Derby. Acres, 727. Real property, £1,077. Pop., 101. Houses, 18. The parish includes also the township of Mapperley; and its post town is West Hallam, under Derby. Acres, 1,699. Real property, £2,633. Pop., 536. Houses, 108. The property of Kirk-Hallam township is all in one estate; and that of Mapperley is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £280. Patron, Lieut. Col. Newdigate. The church consists of nave and chancel, with porch and embattled tower; and was restored in 1860. There is a chapel of ease in Mapperley. There are also a Wesleyan chapel, and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Kirk Hallam Derbyshire Marriages 1700-1837 - UK Genealogy Archives
Civil Registration District: Shardlow
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Ockbrook
Poor Law Union: Shardlow
Hundred: Appletree; Morleston and Litchurch