King Sterndale is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1850 from Buxton Ecclesiastical Parish.
Alternative names: Kings Sterndale, Kingsterndale
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1851
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1864
- Peak Forest
- Earl Sterndale
- Stony Middleton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STERNDALE (Kings), a chapelry in Bakewell, Hope, and Hartington parishes, Derby; 3 miles SSE of Buxton r. station. It was constituted in 1851, and its Post town is Buxton. Pop., 200. Houses, 32. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £78. Patron, Mrs. Pickford.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Chapel en le Frith
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Buxton
Poor Law Union: Chapel en le Frith
Hundred: High Peake