Killamarsh is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1843 from chapelry in Eckington Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1638
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1670
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KILLAMARSH, a village and a parish in Chesterfield district, Derby. The village stands on the Chesterfield canal, near the boundary with Yorkshire, 2 miles NE of Eckington r. station, and 8½ NE of Chesterfield; was known at Domesday as Chinewoldemarese; and has a post office under Chesterfield. The parish comprises 1,646 acres. Real property, £4,810; of which £460 are in mines, and £20 in iron works. Pop., 1,053. Houses, 224. The manor belongs to Chandos Pole, Esq. There are brick fields and chemical works. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £200. Patron, the Crown. The church is partly ancient, partly recent; and has a Norman arch in the S porch, and a tower. There are an endowed school, with £22 a year, and other charities with £69.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Parish Records - FamilySearch
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
Civil Registration District: Chesterfield
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Staveley
Poor Law Union: Chesterfield