Kedleston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1600
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1676
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KEDLESTON, a parish in Belper district, Derbyshire; on an affluent of the river Derwent, 3¼ miles SW by W of Duffield r. station, and 4 NW of Derby. Post town, Derby. Acres, 950. Real property, £1,918. Pop., 116. Houses, 19. The property, with Kedleston Hall, belongs to Lord Scarsdale. K. Hall was erected in 1765, after designs by Adams; comprises a centre and two pavilions, with connecting corridors; has a frontage of 360 feet, with a portico on pillars 30 feet high; contains a grand hall, 67 feet by 42, with ceiling supported by 20 alabaster columns; contains also a very fine circular saloon, 42 feet in diameter and 55 feet high; has a rich collection of paintings, chiefly by the old masters; and stands in a beautiful park of 700 acres, containing old oaks 24 feet in girth, arches of Constantine, a lake, and a medicinal spring. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £155. Patron, Lord Scarsdale. The church is ancient and cruciform; has a Norman door, and a low embattled tower; and contains several ancient and splendid monuments of the Curzons.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Derbyshire parish registers. Marriages
by Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Blagg, Thomas Matthews, ed
Kedleston Derbyshire Marriages 1600 to 1837 - Archive.org
Kedleston Derbyshire Marriages 1600 to 1837 - UK Genealogy Archives
Parish Records - FamilySearch
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
Civil Registration District: Belper
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Radbourne
Poor Law Union: Belper