Ironville is an Ecclesiastical Parish partly in Nottinghamshire and partly in Derbyshire; created in 1850 from Selston with Underwood and Westwood Ancient Parish in Nottinghamshire and parts of Codnor and Loscoe Ecclesiastical Parish, Pentrich Ancient Parish, Riddings Ecclesiastical Parish and Codnor Park extra-parochial in Derbyshire.
Other places in the parish include: Codnor Park.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1852
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1852
- Greasley, Nottinghamshire
- Selston with Underwood and Westwood, Nottinghamshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
IRONVILLE, a village in Alfreton parish, Derby; and a chapelry partly also in Pentrich parish and Codnor-Park extra-parochial tract, Derby, and Selston parish, Notts. The village stands at the end of the Pinxton canal, close to the Erewash canal, ½ a mile N of Codnor-Park r. station, and 3½ SE of Alfreton; has a post office under Alfreton, a weekly market on Saturday, and an artists' and mechanics' library; and publishes a weekly newspaper. The chapelry was constituted in 1850. Pop. in 1861, 2,293. Houses, 419. Pop. of the Alfreton portion, 1,508; of the Pentrich portion, 84; of the Codnor-Park portion, 614. The inhabitants are employed chiefly in iron works. The living is a Vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £150. Patron, Francis Wright, Esq. The church was built in 1852, by the Butterley Iron company; and consists of nave, transepts, and chancel, with a tower. There are large national and infant schools, and a new cemetery of about 1½ acre.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Parish Records - FamilySearch
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
Civil Registration District: Basford; Belper
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Alfreton
Poor Law Union: Belper