Heath is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Alternative names: Lowne, Lownd, Lund
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1682
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1668
- Sutton cum Duckmanton
- Temple Normanton
- North Wingfield
- Ault Hucknall
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HEATH, a village and a parish in Chesterfield district, Derby. The village stands on an affluent of the river Rother, 3 miles NE of Clay-Cross r. station, and 5 SE by E of Chesterfield; and has a post office under Chesterfield. The parish comprises 1,611 acres. Real property, £2,088; of which £270 are in mines. Pop., 369. Houses, 76. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Duke of Devonshire. Coal is worked. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £237. Patron, the Duke of Devonshire. The church was built in 1853; is in the decorated English style; and consists of nave and chancel, with tower and small spire. There are an endowed school with £15 a year, and a charity with £7.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Derbyshire parish registers. Marriages
by Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Blagg, Thomas Matthews, ed
Heath alias Lownd or Lund Derbyshire Marriages 1682 to 1812 - UK Genealogy Archives
Civil Registration District: Chesterfield
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Chesterfield
Poor Law Union: Chesterfield