Hazlewood is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1846 from Duffield Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Hazelwood
Other places in the parish include: Shottle and Postern.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1847
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HAZLEWOOD, a township and a chapelry in Duffield parish, Derby. The township lies on the river Derwent and the Midland railway, 1½ mile NNW of Duffield r. station, and 2½ SSW of Belper; and has a post office under Belper. Real property, £2,397; of which £52 are in quarries. Pop., 392. Houses, 85. The manor belongs to the Rev. Sir Edward R. Jodrell, Bart. The Knowle is the seat of W. W. Hull, Esq. The chapelry was constituted in 1846. Pop., 719. Houses, 165. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £200. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church was built in 1846; and consists of nave and chancel, with a porch. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school. A railway from Duffield to Wirksworth, in progress of formation towards the end of 1865, is now open, and has a station at Hazlewood-Lane.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Parish Records - FamilySearch
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
Civil Registration District: Belper
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Duffield
Poor Law Union: Belper