Hasland is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1851 from Chesterfield St Mary and All Saints Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1851
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- Brampton St Thomas
- Chesterfield St Mary and All Saints
- Temple Normanton
- North Wingfield
- Chesterfield Holy Trinity
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HASLAND, a village, a township, and a chapelry in Chesterfield parish, Derby. The village stands.1½ mile SE of Chesterfield town and r. station; is a scattered place; and has a post office under Chesterfield. The township s acreage is returned with the parish. Real property, £12,492; of which £6,000 are in mines, and 1,193 in quarries. Pop., in 1851, 1,176: in 1861, 1,999. Houses, 423. The increase of pop. arose from the extension of coal mining and iron works. The manor belongs to the Duke of Devonshire. Hasland Hall belonged to the Lowes, and passed to the Lucases. Bricks and tiles are made; and lace is largely manufactured. The chapelry is less extensive than the township, and was constituted in 1851. Pop., 1,107. Houses, 234. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £300. Patron, the Vicar of Chesterfield. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Parish Records – FamilySearch
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
Civil Registration District: Chesterfield
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Chesterfield
Poor Law Union: Chesterfield