Findern is a chapelry of Mickleover Ancient Parish in Derbyshire.
Alternative names: Finderon
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Nonconformists include: Presbyterian and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Twyford and Stenson
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FINDERN, or Finderon, a township-chapelry in Mickleover parish, Derbyshire; on the Grand Trunk canal, and on the Birmingham and Derby railway, near the river Trent, about 2 miles N of Willington r. station, and 5 SSW of Derby. Post town, Willington, under Burton-upon-Trent. Real property, £3,203. Pop., 399. Houses, 90. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Mickle-over, in the diocese of Lichfield. The church was built in 1864, on the site of a previous edifice; is in the decorated English style; and has a nave 38 feet long, and a chancel 24 feet. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Unitarians.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Burton upon Trent
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Radbourne
Poor Law Union: Burton upon Trent
Hundred: Morleston and Litchurch