Fenny Bentley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1604
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist Reform.
- Bradbourne with Ballidon
- Ashbourne with Mapleton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BENTLEY (Fenny), a parish in Ashborne district, Derby; in Dovedale, 2½ miles N of Ashborne r. station. It has a post office under Ashborne. Acres, 1,036. Real property, £2,023. Pop., 305. Houses, 63. The manor belonged to the Beresfords and the Cottons; and belongs now to Sir W. Fitzherbert, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £124. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church was repaired in 1850, and contains a curious old monument of the Beresfords.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Ashbourne
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Ashbourne
Poor Law Union: Ashbourne