Etwall is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Other places in the parish include: Burnaston, Bearwardcote, and Bearward Cote.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1674
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ETWALL, a township and a parish in the district of Burton-upon-Trent and county of Derby. The township lies on an affluent of the river Trent, 3½ miles NE by E of Tutbury r. station, and 6 SW by W of Derby; and has a post office under Derby. Real property, £4,991. Pop., 626. Houses, 133. The parish includes also the townships of Burnaston and Bearwardcote. Acres, 3,465. Real property, £6,671. Pop., 846. Houses, 172. The property is subdivided. Etwall Hall and Etwall Lodge are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £342. Patron, the Rev. Edward Alder. The church is good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel. An hospital and a free school, founded in 1556 by Sir J. Port, for Etwall and Repton, have £2,569, and other charities have £12.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Etwall Derbyshire Marriages 1557-1837 – UK Genealogy Archives
Parish Records – FamilySearch
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
Civil Registration District: Burton upon Trent
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Radbourne
Poor Law Union: Burton upon Trent