Edlaston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Alternative names: Edlaston and Wyaston, Edlaston with Wyaston
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1573
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1674
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Osmaston by Ashbourne
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EDLASTON-WITH-WYASTON, a parish in Ashborne district, Derby; 2¾ miles S of Ashborne town and r. station. Post town, Ashborne. Acres, 1,360. Real property, £1,940. Pop., 207. Houses, 42. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Valne, £212. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is tolerable; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £54.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Ashbourne
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Ashbourne
Poor Law Union: Ashbourne