Edale is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1722 from chapelry in Castleton Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1643
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1782
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EDALE, a township-chapelry in Castleton parish, Derby: on a stream of its own name, 2 miles NW of Castleton, and 6 ENE of Chapel-in-le-Frith r. station. Post town, Castleton, under Sheffield. Real property, £3,150. Pop., 386. Houses, 76. The property is sub-divided. Edale river rises near Edale rocks, and runs along a pastoral valley to the river Noe at Edale End. The manufacture of thread and lace is carried on. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £126. Patrons, Trustees. The church is good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel. A school has £14 from endowment; and other charities £19.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A transcript of the memorial inscriptions of the old graveyard and in the churchyard and within the church of the Holy and Undivided Trinity, Edale in the County of Derby Author: Derbyshire Family History Society
- County: Derbyshire
- Civil Registration District: Chapel en le Frith
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Castleton
- Poor Law Union: Chapel en le Frith
- Hundred: High Peake
- Province: Canterbury