Doveridge is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Other places in the parish include: Eaton and Sedsall, Eaton, Leaton and Sedsall, Sadsail, Sedsall, and West Broughton.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1574
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1662
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Marchington, Staffordshire
- Somersal Herbert
- Rocester, Staffordshire
- Marston Montgomery
- Uttoxeter, Staffordshire
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DOVERIDGE, a village and a parish in the district of Uttoxeter and county of Derby. The village stands on the river Dove, at the boundary with Stafford, adjacent to the North Stafford railway, 1½ mile E by N of Uttoxeter; has a post office under Derby; and was once a market-town. The parish includes also the hamlets of West Broughton, Eaton, and Sedsail. Acres, 4,278. Real property, £8,999. Pop., 737. Houses, 150. The property is divided among a few. Doveridge Hall is the seat of Lord Waterpark. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £562. Patron, the Duke of Devonshire. The church stands on an eminence, and has a tower and spire. There are Wesleyan and P. Methodist chapels, and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Parish Records - FamilySearch
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
Civil Registration District: Uttoxeter
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Cubley
Poor Law Union: Uttoxeter