Cubley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1566
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1673
- Marston Montgomery
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CUBLEY, a parish in the district of Uttoxeter and county of Derby; on an affluent of the river Dove, 4 miles NNE of Marchington r. station, and 6 S of Ashborne. It has a post office under Derby, and a fair on 30 Nov. Acres, 2,254. Real property, £3,407. Pop., 383. Houses, 76. The property is divided among a few. Cubley-Gorse is a meet for the Hoar-Cross hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield; and, till 1865, was united with Marston-Montgomery. Value, £380. Patron, John Davys, Esq. The church is Norman and good, and has a lofty tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Uttoxeter
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Cubley
Poor Law Union: Uttoxeter