Croxall is an Ancient Parish partly in Derbyshire and partly in Staffordshire.
Alternative names: Croxhall
Other places in the parish include: Catton, Oakley.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1678
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1651
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CROXALL, or Croxhall, a township in the district of Tamworth and county of Derby; and a parish in the districts of Tamworth and Burton-upon-Trent, and counties of Derby and Stafford. The township lies on the river Meese, adjacent to the Derby and Birmingham railway, 6¼ miles N of Tamworth; and has a station on the railway. Acres, 1,221. Real property, £3,466. Pop., 143. Houses, 33. The parish contains also the townships of Oakley and Catton; and its post town is Elford, under Tamworth. Acres, 3,020. Real property, £7,080. Pop., 247. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. Croxall Hall is the seat of the Prinseps. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £489. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is old but very good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
County: Derbyshire; Staffordshire
Civil Registration District: Tamworth
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Hartshorn
Poor Law Union: Tamworth
Hundred: Repton and Gresley; North Offlow