Chilcote in Derbyshire is a chapelry of Clifton Campville Ancient Parish in Staffordshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1595
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1660
- Stretton en le Field
- Church Gresley
- Clifton Campville
- No Mans Heath
- Newton Regis
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHILCOTE, a township-chapelry in Clifton-Campville parish, Derby; on the river Mease, at the verge of the county, 4½ miles S by W of Moira r. station, and 6½ SW of Ashby de la Zouch. Post town, Clifton-Campville, under Tamworth. Acres, 1,325. Real property, £2,170. Pop., 129. Houses, 27. Chilcote House is the seat of the Robertsons. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Clifton-Campville, in the diocese of Lichfield.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Tamworth
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Tutbury
Poor Law Union: Tamworth
Hundred: Repton and Gresley