Chellaston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1570
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1661
Nonconformists include: General Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHELLASTON, a parish in Shardlow district, Derbyshire; adjacent to the Derby and Melbourne railway, 4 miles SSE of Derby. It has a post office under Derby, and a railway station. Acres, 810. Real property, £2, 009. Pop., 484. Houses, 109. Gypsum is found. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £80. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is later English, but was mainly rebuilt in 1842, and has a fine new tower. There are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Chellaston Derbyshire Marriages 1570-1812 - UK Genealogy Archives
Civil Registration District: Shardlow
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stanton by Bridge
Poor Law Union: Shardlow
Hundred: Repton and Gresley