Charlesworth is a chapelry of Glossop Ancient Parish in Derbyshire.
Other places in the parish include: Chisworth.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1849
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist, Primitive Methodist, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Independent/Congregational, Particular Baptist, and Roman Catholic.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHARLESWORTH, a township and a chapelry in Glossop parish, Derby. The township lies on the river Etherow, near the High Peak, 1¼ mile SSW of Glossop r. station, and 8½ N of Chapel-en-le-Frith; and has a post office under Manchester. Pop., 1,565. Houses, 306. The chapelry is more extensive than the township; and was constituted in 1845. Pop., 2,564. Houses, 508. The property is all in one estate. The inhabitants are chiefly cotton spinners and colliers. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £150. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is modern; and there are chapels for Independents, Baptists, Wesleyans, and Primitive Methodists.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Parish Records - FamilySearch
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
Civil Registration District: Hayfield
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Castleton
Poor Law Union: Glossop
Hundred: High Peake