Chaddesden is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1829 from chapelry in Spondon Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1718
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1663
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHADDESDEN, a parish in Shardlow district, Derbyshire; adjacent to the Derby canal and the Midland railway, 2 miles E of Derby. It has a post office under Derby. Acres, 2,080. Real property, £4,551. Pop., 465. Houses, 99. The property is divided among a few. Chaddesden Hall is the seat of Sir H. Wilmot, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of LichfieldValue, £89. Patron, Sir H. Wilmot, Bart. The church was restored in 1859, at a cost of £2,000. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, six alms-houses, and the Derby new cemetery, comprising 32 acres, and containing two mortuary chapels.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Derbyshire parish registers. Marriages
by Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Blagg, Thomas Matthews, ed
Chaddesden Derbyshire Marriages 1718 to 1812 - Archive.org
Chaddesden Derbyshire Marriages 1718 to 1812 - UK Genealogy Archives
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
Civil Registration District: Shardlow
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Ockbrook
Poor Law Union: Shardlow