Brimington is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1737 from chapelry in Chesterfield St Mary and All Saints Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1813
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1800
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Chesterfield St Mary and All Saints
- Chesterfield Holy Trinity
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BRIMINGTON, a chapelry or parish, with a village of its own name, in Chesterfield district, Derby; near the Chesterfield canal and the North Midland railway, 2 miles NE of Chesterfield. The village is modern and well-built, and has a post office under Chesterfield. Real property in the parish, £3,778. Pop., 1,808. Houses, 370. The property is divided among a few. Brimington Hall is a chief-residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £300. Patron, the Vicar of Chesterfield. The church was built in 1808, and rebuilt, all except the tower, in 1847. There are three Methodist chapels, a mechanics' institute, a national school, and charities £6.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Chesterfield
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Chesterfield
Poor Law Union: Chesterfield