Breaston is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Derbyshire, created in 1719 from chapelry in Wilne chapelry in Sawley Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1719
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1719
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Methodist New Connexion, and Primitive Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BREASTON, a chapelry in Wilne parish, Derbyshire; on the Derby canal and the Midland railway, ½ a mile NW of Sawley station, and 8 ESE of Derby. Post Town, Sawley, under Derby. Real property £3,593. Pop., 709. Houses, 160. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Risley, in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £350. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is good; and there are two Methodist chapels, and charities £16.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Derbyshire parish registers. Marriages
by Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Blagg, Thomas Matthews, ed
Breaston Derbyshire Marriages 1719 to 1810 - Archive.org
Breaston Derbyshire Marriages 1719 to 1810 - UK Genealogy Archives
Civil Registration District: Shardlow
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of Sawley
Rural Deanery: Ockbrook
Poor Law Union: Shardlow
Hundred: Morleston and Litchurch