Blackwell is an Ancient Parish in the county of Derbyshire.
Alternative names: Blackwell near Alfreton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1685
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1664
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BLACKWELL, a parish and a subdistrict in the district of Mansfield and county of Derby. The parish lies on the verge of the county, 2½ miles NE of Alfreton r. station. Post Town, Normanton, under Alfreton. Acres, 1,700. Real property, £2,705; of which £400 are in mines. Pop., 517. Houses, 101. The property is divided among a few; and coal is worked. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £90. Patron, the Duke of Devonshire. The church was built in 1826. There are a P. Methodist chapel and an endowed school. The sub-dist. comprises four parishes. Pop., 4,552.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
England, Derbyshire, Blackwell, Wesleyan Methodist Church, church records, 1875-1997 Author: Wesleyan Methodist Church (Blackwell, Derbyshire); Methodist Church (Blackwell, Derbyshire); Derbyshire Record Office
Civil Registration District: Mansfield
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Alfreton
Poor Law Union: Mansfield